O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
Psalm 139:1-5

Monday, June 13, 2011

Beautiful Ballerina


What I love most about this picture is how natural this pose is for Kinsey. I don't think I even asked her to pose for this picture. This is her.  :-)  At home she is always twirling, dancing, and leaping around, and if Dax would allow her, she would teach him! Her joy constantly makes me smile! This ballet recital was at the beginning of May at Waco Hall. Kinsey's class was small with just 4 girls, but there was no shortage of cute and super fun moments. They learned specific dances, but often did their own impromptu dancing!

 
We were a little concerned about how Dax would do sitting through a 2 hour (which turned into 3) recital, but he did amazingly well! Grandma came prepared with snacks, so he went back and forth from Grandma to Grandpa's lap. 

More sweet photos...


 The two dances were "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" and "The Waltzing Cat" (note cat ears)



Sharing a snack after the first dance...


She was so excited about her pretty pink flowers (most pink things make her smile). At this point, Dax had officially exceeded his ballet limit and was hungry, tired, and protesting...


The recital marked the end of ballet for the summer. Kinsey is excitedly awaiting its return in the Fall. She asks at least every other day when it starts. Before I had this sweet baby girl I wondered how I would handle all the "girly-girl" stuff--pink (and lots of it!), baby dolls everywhere, hairbows in every color, and the dancing! And now...oh how I delight in my pink-loving, doll-carrying, bow-wearing, dancing all the time girly-girl! She is a joy and a blessing to our family!



No comments:

Post a Comment